Bootscript patches

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:29:05 PDT 2007

Here are some changes I'd like to see go into the bootscript/book before
the release. Comment welcome.

The first patch removes some suppression of stderr when it's not
necessary. This can have the effect to hide critical errors during boot.

The second patch adds the consolelog script, which runs early and sets
the console log level. I have it being set by a variable
in /etc/sysconfig/console. Details can definitely be changed. The book
wording might be bad, too.

The third patch depends on the second. It removes the log level handling
from the modules script since it's handled in consolelog. The loop is
also simplified some. Some of this is discussed in #2026.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2026

--
Dan