[ANN] UTF-8 console fonts

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:07:22 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, at 05:54 Ken Moffat wrote:
>  For people who use UTF-8 in the system console, and dislike the
> fonts shipped in kbd-1.12 (e.g. no euro € symbol, or ugly cyrillic
> capitals quite unlike the corresponding latin letters, or just
> suffering from insufficient coverage), may I announce the first
> public release candidate of what I am calling sigma-consolefonts.
[...]

Many thanks Ken,

I love them!
I could even see the greek accented characters, although due to kernel
limitations, I can't write them.

For those who wish to type accented characters in console and using vim, it is
pretty easy, you can do that using digraphs.
For instance:
ί =i%
ά =a%
έ =e%
ό =o%
ύ =u%
ΐ =i3
and so on ...

You can enter a digraph, while you are in insert mode and you are pressing CTRL-k
and typing 2 extra chars (:digraphs to see them all).

Excellent job ken, I don't use console that much but it is much better now.