ICA diff in cc1 and cc1plus

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 15 11:38:18 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 16:43, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Manuel brought up a recent regression shown by ICA in cc1 and cc1plus.

<snip impressive detective work>

Dan, thanks for looking into this.  It seems pretty clear that we need both
fixes here, i.e. i) Apply the Glibc patch in chapter 5 and ii) Point GCC to
the headers in /usr/include.  If you could cook up a commit that does just
that, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks also to Manuel for raising the issue and to Greg for confirming Dan's
analysis.  I was going to apologize for introducing this ICA regression by
not applying the glibc-branch-update patch in chapter 5, but as it
highlighted the bug in our build method I'll hereby claim that Dan's spotted
my deliberate mistake :)

Regards,

Matt.