Problem with bash-3.2 patch

Richard Gill richard at houbathecat.info
Fri Mar 16 08:53:14 PDT 2007

Hi

Creating the regular expression in a variable, and then using this
variable without quoting it in the conditional construct works, so we
modified our bash'based package manager to act like this.

I agree it's not cool to have a change in bash scripts parsing. Maybe
an option or a specific BASH_<anything> predefined variable would have
been good to keep compatibility with existing script - but that's a
bash list request, not a LFS one :-). Fortunately, we don't have much
of these construct, so it's not hard to change them.

Regards,

--
Richard 'riri' GILL
jabber: riribreizh at gmail.com