LTP failure

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed Mar 21 04:16:30 PDT 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out why the attached file fails on my LFS
> systems.  It does not fail on FC or RHEL kernels.

Neither mincore01 nor mincore02 fail on my (C)LFS system either.  But
it's not exactly LFS, so it's probably not a great test.

It's a multilib x86-64 setup (with a 64-bit kernel, of course).  Kernel
version is 2.6.19.1 (which I need to upgrade one of these days).  I
wonder if there was maybe some different behavior added in the kernel
since 2.6.16.27?

Also, when I run your test program (after changing the (unsigned int)
cast to an (unsigned long int) cast and changing the printf format
specifier to match, since pointers on my setup are 64 bits wide), I
don't get a failure whether I pass an argument to min or not.

But again, this system is probably too different from standard LFS to be
a great test.  The 64-bit stuff especially seems like it'd affect this
test, at least a bit.