user nobody and test suites

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 25 16:35:28 PDT 2007

I dunno if any of you have tried it, but we can use nobody for the Coreutils
tests. Add "nogroup" and "nobody" to /etc/group, and "nobody" in /etc/passwd
in the "nobody" group. For the src/su command, add '-s /bin/sh' so
that /bin/false won't be used.

I'd also like to suggest we use /sbin/nologin (from Shadow), instead
of /bin/false. 'nologin' is the same as 'false', except it gives a polite
message explaining the account is suspended. It's intended for login
accounts, while /bin/false is intended for everything else.

Robert