Little note on psmisc

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:51:46 PDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Can someone with more Automake/Makefile foo explain to me why those 5 man
> pages aren't being installed please?  It might just be a conincidence, but
> they all appear on the same line in the definition of man_MANS in
> man/Makefile!  Other man sections that shadow installs files to look OK using
> a similar script to the one above.

I had the same problem, and now I figured out why. The sed we do is
way too aggressive.

find man -name Makefile -exec sed -i '/groups/d' {} \;

In man/Makefile.in, groups appears on the same line as all the other
group* manpages. So, we've conveniently told make not to install them!
This only in a couple subdirectories.

Untested, but I think this would work:

find man -name Makefile.in -exec sed -i 's/groups\.1 //' {} ';'

--
Dan