Little note on psmisc

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 10 13:06:04 PDT 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 20:57:04 Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 5/10/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Untested, but I think this would work:
> >
> > find man -name Makefile.in -exec sed -i 's/groups\.1 //' {} ';'
>
> Seems to work. Before configure, of course. s/Makefile.in/Makefile/ to
> keep the command in the spot it is now.

The following is a bit safer:

find . -name Makefile -exec sed -i 's/groups\.1 / /' {} \;

Otherwise we end up with another change on line 225 of Makefile
where 'groups.1.xml' becomes '.xml'.

Oddly enough, I've ended up with groups.1 being installed on my most recent
jhalfs build.  The script seems sane enough (it has the sed in it) - we'll
see what happens with the next run!

Regards,

Matt.