LFS and 64-bit hosts

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 14:52:40 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:58:55PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I just updated http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/download.html.  See
> if that page's note seems appropriate and I'll update read.html the same
> way.

 For the narrow issue of i686|x86_64 it seems good.  For wider
issues about other platforms (e.g. somebody asked about ppc back in
the summer, and seemed reluctant to try clfs), I'm ok with
supporting ppc (32-bit only) when the jh branch gets merged, if
people think it is appropriate - but equally, I don't have a problem
about using clfs on that box (it's dog slow, but at least it uses
very little power).

 It also doesn't point people to clfs.

ĸen