LFS and 64-bit hosts

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 1 16:25:23 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:24:08PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Joking aside, perhaps we should be thinking about supporting apple
> on intel - some are 64-bit, I think, but they all have at least a
> different bootloader.  Of course, if nobody has the hardware we
> might be reliant on a 'contrib' chapter.  No, I'm not sure I like
> that idea.

I have the hardware. At least for now, my job provides plenty of access
to the latest Intel Apple machines. In fact most of my recent work has
been done on Apple hardware. The bootloader is indeed different, but
there's a gret piece of software called refit that can be used instead
of the default Apple bootloader. It can then, in turn, boot lilo or grub
from a partition.

Anyway, more on that in the near future. Hopefully I'll have some time
on Wednesday to write some more solid replies to this thread.

--
JH