-mtune for Glibc

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 5 17:00:17 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 06:43:55PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I used 'native' in my proposal earlier.  'generic' may be a bit more
> conservative, but I think 'native' would be better for most people.  If
> you change it, how about adding another sentence that 'native' is an
> option but issues may arise if you copy the libraries to another system
> with a different processor.

Well, the reason for 'generic', assuming I'm understanding Dan correctly,
is that glibc would be tuned for 'native' but everything else that gcc
builds on your system is by default 'generic'. Better to have it all the
same.

But, yes, I like showing people their options. So if it changes, I
wouldn't mind at all mentioning 'native' as an option.

--
JH