Overriding permissions from udev sample rules

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Oct 14 09:02:05 PDT 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Speaking of that, Kay has debian, gentoo, frugalware, redhat, etc.

They are not the primary authoritative copies, but are included just for
reference. For example, Debian does not use the included Debian rules.

> Maybe if we sent him the LFS rules, he would include them too.  Just a
> thought.

Been there, done that. The copy of the rules in the udev tree quickly
gets outdated and misleading.

I propose to remove custom LFS rules when upstream proposes something
that looks like a working default, and adjust the /etc/group file to
meet the expectations of udev, if needed.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov