mktemp, tempfile & coreutils

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 18 15:00:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:45:26 -0400, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:09:21AM -0600, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>> Agreed.  Note, though, that grub-0.9x is no longer being maintained,
>> so upstream won't accept whatever patch we come up with.
>
> Right; if we patch it (as opposed to simply moving to grub2, although I
> think that will be a while), we'll have to keep the patch local.

Agreed.  I've attached the trivial but untested patch here.  In an ideal world, I think we'd want to create some autoconf foo that detects where `mktemp' or `tempfile' live, rather than hardcoding paths.  Given the abandoned nature of the 0.9x branch of Grub though, I'm not sure it matters much.

I've also attached the trivial patch for findutils that I've just submitted upstream.

Matt.