[LFS Trac] #2094: Add a new section for build results

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Sun Oct 21 18:14:01 PDT 2007

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Jim Gifford wrote:
>
>>  and now your trying to get it in the mainline. To quote yourself your
>> not a "hardcore developer", but your trying to influence the direction
>> of LFS to meet your needs.
>>

> Oh, lol. You're taking Justin's words and applying them to me. Nice! :)
>
> I'm definitely not worthy of any special recognition, but I will say
> that after the many issues encountered with getting the jh branch fully
> working, I understand far more about the toolchain than I ever did before.
>
> Here's another tip for you, (Greg helped me with this as he did with
> several other things) if you're building 64-bit only the use of -m64 is
> superfluous.
>
> --
> JH

We know that, but we didn't want to increase the size of our book any
more than we did. You know that, but again your trying to make yourself
look good, and me to look bad. What happened to being civil and talking
things out, which is why this thread is started. You knew this was going
to raise these questions, so did Gerard, Gerard is a least talking about
it instead of being on the offensive.