glibc-2.7

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:24:09 PDT 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:15:26 -0700
"Dan Nicholson" <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/24/07, TheOldFellow <theoldfellow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried a build with this?
> > I was about to build a new system and noticed that glibc has been
> > minor-inced again.  (Can't these guys pause from breath once in a
> > while! :)
>
> Haven't tried it yet. I think they're now on a 6 month release cycle
> matching Fedora. So, new glibc every 6 months, whether you like it or
> not :)

Sounds like a quick way to run out of numbers :)

If it's just a point release that'd be OK, but they bumped the minor
number.  Up till now that meant 'recompile everything from scratch' to
me. But maybe an experiment in a rolling recompile might be in order.
I'll have to steel myself for that though.

Drepper has always been a pain.

R.