[Clfs-dev] r7105

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:26:46 PDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 09/10/07 12:07 CST:
>
> > Although both methods have their drawbacks, I prefer the current
> > method of using a snapshot in the sources. That makes it more robust
> > against different hosts since we can enforce the version of the
> > stylesheets used.
>
> Not to argue, but for the sake of discussion, what does "different
> hosts" have to do with it?

anduin, quantum, my host, your host... If any of us are using
different stylesheets, then we might see different behavior in the
rendered content.

> But more importantly, my point was that placing an entire 3rd party
> package into the (B)LFS sources does not conform to the whole philosophy
> of what our project tries to convey.

That would be the drawback to this approach. If we do go back to using
the host's stylesheets, then it should be completely clear in the
sources (or somewhere else) what version is expected. Possibly we can
check and enforce this in the Makefile.

--
Dan