Aiming for 7.0

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:11:28 PST 2008

Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> Anything else?
>
> Ticket 2033 -- initramfs.  This way people with crappy software "RAID1
> cards" (e.g. Promise, Highpoint, etc.) that require drivers in Windows,
> can still boot from those cards.  Also, support for MD RAID (*real*
> software RAID ;-) ), LVM, and encrypted rootfs would be nice.
>
> (The mkinitramfs repo linked to from that ticket will already work for
> everything above, except encrypted rootfs.)

Even it it's poor hardware support, does the frequency of occurrence rise to the
level of needing to be in the LFS book?  As several comments in the ticket
suggest, initramfs would be more appropriate for BLFS, but I'm thinking that
even that is too much and an updated hint or wiki entry would be more appropriate.

   -- bruce