The new build method is in...

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:49:04 PST 2008

William Harrington wrote:

> It's a community endeavor and each project with it's own goal. Each project
> may borrow from another, and each project needs to give credit to the source.
> If any part of the source is used credit needs to be given. It's a black and
> white line.

William,
   While I agree with your sentiments, there are a couple of issues.  First of
all, nobody is using another's *source*.  What is being done is incorporating
'methods and concepts'.

   From a legal standpoint, source is copyrighted and methods are patented.
What has been done so far has not violated those standards.

   From an ethical standpoint, we need to credit the persons who developed the
methods and concepts.  There is every intention of doing so.  If it's not been
done yet, it is merely an oversight and it *will* be corrected.

   -- Bruce