e2fsprogs-1.40.{5,6} + grub-0.97

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Fri Feb 22 07:28:11 PST 2008

		Hi there.

When updating to e2fsprogs-1.40.6 like LFS devel did, I noticed my
system(s) no longer booting via grub. Slightly inconvenient ;-)

After digging around a while I found that mke2fs has changed the inode
size to 256, making grub effectively unable to read the filesystem to
find it's directory, the kernel etc.

I dug around in the net for a while and found a patch
    (
http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20080130.140155.866d3ad1.en.html
)
but the formatting on a html-page always leaves a bit to be desired.

I attach the version we use her for review, eventually it can be of use
for LFS devel.

		Warmest greetings, keep up the good work,
			drifter
drifter at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion