Happy Birthday LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 23 09:33:27 PST 2008

(Second sending. Mailman suffered a problem as I was sending this out.
It may have gone out more than once)

Hey all,

The LFS project is almost nine years old. LFS 1.0 was released on
December 16, 1999. That was the year I had moved to Canada, before my
immigration was even finalized. Earlier that year I started on the LFS
project.

The details are a bit fuzzy because I don't have accurate records dating
that far back, but it all started some time in February of 1999.

That makes LFS nine years old this month. It still boggles my mind some
days that LFS grew into what it has.

Ciao!

Gerard