Happy Birthday LFS

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:22:33 PST 2008

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
<snip />
  > That makes LFS nine years old this month. It still boggles my mind some
> days that LFS grew into what it has.
>
> Ciao!
>
> Gerard

Hi Gerard,

For me, this has been one of the most important Open Source projects
ever. It got me interested and excited, and taught me more than I'd have
thought possible. Thank you.

But, there is a definite "lull" in the community currently as I am sure
you will be aware. As a personal observation, I think the project needs
to go back to it's roots and emphasise the educational angle more
strongly than as of recently. To create some impetus, we (all of us on
this list and our acquaintances) need to promote the concept of LFS for
what it is.

There is a virtually unlimited path for the direction/coverage of the
LFS project as a whole, but it needs more promotion. It makes me sad to
see how quiet these lists are right now.

I run a business in the UK providing knowledge and experience on open
source software. Without LFS I probably wouldn't have a job.

I suggest we start a thread, or even a new "marketing" list, to discuss
and develop a plan to stimulate this project further.

Best Regards

Alan

LFS ID:  (216  2.4.x)

--