LiveCD or No LiveCD?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:01:41 PST 2008

2008/2/25, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org>:
>  The CD itself
>  still does some filtering in that it drops you splat onto a command
>  prompt. If you don't know how to configure a Linux system (or at least,
>  open up a file to read it on the command line and follow instructions
>  therein) you won't get very far.

Here is a problem: in order to support both accessibility (for blind
users) and UTF-8 at the same time, the CD has to boot into GNOME and
start Orca. There is no console-based solution that understands UTF-8.
So, if we want to create a modern and accessible CD, this barrier is
inevitably lost.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov