What next? [Was: Re: LiveCD or No LiveCD?]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 26 13:29:43 PST 2008

> If someone who had just encountered a PC 2 weeks ago stumbled onto LFS,
> managed to work their way through it and came out the other end
> successful, I'd applaud them! Sure, they wouldn't have approached LFS

Maybe it wasn't meant entirely serious but there have been a few people
over the years whose very first experience with Linux was LFS. They went
straight from Windows to LFS. Before the LiveCD even existed. Speak of a
learning curve but they persevered through the curve and came out
knowing a lot more about Linux in general than many other LFS users.
Then those people contributed back to the LFS project in useful ways.

You never want to limit the audience. You may miss out on progress.

True, LFS isn't targeted to those people, but if they choose to try
anyways, let's help them out as best as we can.

Gerard