What next? [Was: Re: LiveCD or No LiveCD?]

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:04:58 PST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:17:45 -0600
R. Quenett<qcal at quen.net> wrote:

> on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 7:07 TheOldFellow wrote:
>
> "  provided
> "  the educational stuff is retained.
>
> But /what/ educational stuff? <snip - read the mailing>

R,
I think I almost agree with you. The big issue here is whether or not
the new LFS user, having read the book, and built a system,
understands enough to configure and maintain it.  I don't think we are
aiming at a level where you could send patches upstream, but maybe a
level where you could convince yourself that there was a bug, and ask
sensible questions on a support list.  I think LFS does a
reasonable job at that for the core.
R.