What if the book wasn't a book anymore

Aaron Matsumoto aaron.k.matsumoto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:29:11 PST 2008

All:

For what it's worth (been building LFS for a couple of years now and only
very recently started posting to LFS-DEV as a way of "paying back"), I
always thought that the educational goals of LFS were it's strongest
points.

There is value in what you propose, however there will and should
always be "the book" (or books) outlining the low-level grunt-work.

I cannot tell you how many times working on other Linux distros that
I actually pulled up the latest LFS or BLFS and stepped through to
figure out what was really going on.

Aaron