Package Management

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 28 09:53:58 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:35:56PM +0000, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm not sure, but how do Arch Linux, Debian, and others do it?

They don't; not really.

The only time I remember seeing a glibc minor version change was after
the most recent Debian stable release, when testing started merging
packages from unstable again, and I had TONS of packages that apt
thought I needed to upgrade.  I therefore doubt (but don't know for
sure) that glibc's version ever changes inside a single Debian release,
and when you switch between releases, you basically reinstall everything
anyway.

However, I don't know that for sure...