Package Management

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 28 10:02:05 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:17:46AM -0500, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Don't have a lot of time to comment ATM (working on too many other
> things), but I'm leery of this kind of change.

I should also note that if we can figure out a way to provide a PM
framework, without mandating a specific management system, I think that
would be much better than writing some particular system (or using an
existing one) and adding it to the book.  Sure, it'd be nice for people
that are trying to maintain systems, but that's not me.  (And I bet we
could even accommodate that by having a "default" PM in there somehow.)

Of course, if the book completely changes form anyway, this might all be
moot...