Planning an overall direction for LFS

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Feb 29 09:47:26 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 03:31:28PM +0000, dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> I would like to see UTF-8 in LFS.

I thought it was?  Or at least, I thought LFS was UTF-8-ready.  (I don't
think we want to enforce UTF-8 on everyone, though.)

> I'm not sure I like using XML for building packages.  I prefer reading
> scripts.  However, I do see some benefits and I am not opposed to it.

With a perfect setup, the XML could produce some scripts that you could
read.  In fact, I bet this is what several of the *alfs projects do (or
did, or can do).  ;-)

Of course, hacking on the scripts and then trying to merge the results
back into the XML might be painful...