6.4-rc1 and farce testing

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 13 11:59:32 PST 2008

 Using farce-002 to test my version of 6.4-rc1, I had one
explainable difference: perl's CORE/config.h and Config_heavy.pl
differed because my in-place rebuild didn't have /proc mounted, so
/proc/self/exe wasn't defined.

 /usr/lib/libgmpxx.la also added libstdc++.la to its dependency
libs, which is probably not significnt.

 The following binary files differed, perl (and perl5.10.0 which I
assume is hardlinked to it) might be explained by the absence of
/proc/self/exe.  I don't remember having a
/var/cache/ldconfig/aux-cache before, but as a cache it can be
ignored.  The other differences are unexplained, so I still don't
think farce is as useful as it once seemed to be.

/bin/bash
/lib/libc-2.8-20080929-LFS.so
/usr/bin/perl{,5.10.0}
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/cc1{,plus}
/usr/sbin/nscd
/usr/share/locale/{fi,vi}LC_MESSAGES/util-linux-ng.mo
/var/cache/ldconfig/aux-cache

ĸen