License of the book - really version 2.0 of creative commons?

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Sun Nov 16 12:12:30 PST 2008

Am Sonntag 16 November 2008 19:37:43 schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> 2.0 was current when I added the license.  Perhaps they rolled the number
> ot make it the same as GPL, but that's just speculation.  Since the entire
> text is in the book and not just a reference, I don't see a need to change
> it.

I didn't want to ask to change the number.
I wasn't able to find the mentioned licence version 2.0 on the website of
creative commons. Now I found it.

The reason why this is useful to me is, that there exist ready-to-use
translations of various licence texts at creativecommons.org. Now I only have
to choose the correct licence text and thus the correct translation for the
book.

Now that I found the correct english licence text I can choose the correct
german licence text and use it without translating it myself. In fact I did
not really include the translated licence text into the book because the
german licence uses a completely different text structure, which is
incompatible with the present docbook structure of <para></para> in the book.
So I have chosen to not translate the licence but instead include a link to
the german translation to the website of creative commons.

Hm, what a longish explanation ;-)

Cheers
Thomas