LFS 64bit - thoughts

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:23:42 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:

> Bruce, Randy, ya'll got anything to add?

No, not really.  On a LUG list I read we just had a long discussion about
problems on guy had getting his wireless to work with ndis wrapper.  He was
using Ubuntu64 and never could get it to work.  When he went to Ubuntu32, it was
fine.  These are the types of problems we run into with 64-bit systems.  The
think is, he had no idea why he wanted 64-bits.  <snide smile>It has to be
better than 32-bits, right.</snide smile>

I've seen similar problems with video drivers.

   -- Bruce