Commits to SVN

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 2 05:03:35 PDT 2008

Hi all,

This is mostly to DJ, and FYI for everyone else.

I've got many commits ready to go and I didn't want us to
be conflicting with one another. Do you want me to do the
updates. I've got package updates and textual updates as
well, all ready to go.

Let me know.

However, I've got a question about two things.

1. What we're going to do about the man/man-db/groff-utf8
issues? Which direction should LFS go in the *immediate*
future? I installed man-db in my new build, and it appears
to work okay for English man pages. I really don't have
any way (or knowledge how to) check UTF8 pages.

2. What are we going to do about Bootscripts? The LSB
scripts don't work with the BLFS bootscripts. This also
brings the initd-tools package into question.

I suggest we hold off on any commits until we determine
the direction of the above two issues.

--
Randy