GCC configure option "--disable-decimal-float"

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 3 12:07:09 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm about to begin commits for package updates to LFS SVN.
I'm reviewing things first and I noticed in DJ's book that
the --disable-decimal-float parameter is passed in the GCC
Pass1 configure command.

This apparently is for the MPFR package which is built
during GCC-Pass1. However, in the version of MPFR we are
using, disabling this parameter is the default.

I'm just trying to get confirmation from someone that indeed
we don't need this parameter as it is redundant. I'm leaving
it in for the time being, but after we determine for sure or
not, we can remove/leave it.

--
Randy