Glibc locale instructions

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 3 14:59:34 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Noted in the DJ build that he's commented out (removed?) the
> instructions to build just a partial set of the locales to
> satisfy the tests of Glibc and other packages later on.
>
> I'm going to commit what DJ has (the partial locale list
> omitted). If it is determined that we want what was originally
> there (partial list or locales to satisfy test suites), then
> we'll simply uncomment the original text.
>
> Sound Okay?

Oh wow.  I completely forgot about that.  I did that for my own builds
anyway, and it was easier for jhalfs purposes to just comment it.  There
is educational value in knowing exactly which locales to install.  I
seem to recall that something had changed, but I'm not sure about that.
Need to investigate.   I'll be home in about an hour and look into it
then.  Thanks Randy.

-- DJ Lucas