Glibc locale instructions

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 3 15:10:18 PDT 2008

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:49:02 -0500, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I'm going to commit what DJ has (the partial locale list
> omitted). If it is determined that we want what was originally
> there (partial list or locales to satisfy test suites), then
> we'll simply uncomment the original text.
>
> Sound Okay?

I'm ok with that, Randy.  I'd be interested to know the reason(s) behind DJ's commenting those instructions out though.  Did something require additional locales?  Or is it just that DJ installs all locales by default?

PS: I've found some time to install a distro under a Virtualbox VM, so getting into a state where I can start testing LFS might not be that far off!

Regards,

Matt.