Commits to SVN

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 4 08:58:47 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:

>>> Still there in latest snapshot:
>>>
>>> [snip known errors]
>>>

>> And after applying the copy that Greg suggested:
>>
>> [snip the math error]
>>
>> The copy command should be:
>> cp -v ../glibc-2.8-20080929/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata
>> and be inserted between make and make check.
>>

> So, does that mean you did not need the patch Greg uses over at
> DIY before using the copy command (see my message to this list
> about the subject, and Greg's reply)?
>
> I was just about to commit the Glibc update, but before I do
> I want to run the following questions by DJ.
>
> 1. I used the 0922 snapshot, and I needed the patch Greg uses
> and the copy command to resolve the iconv errors. I'll change
> the version to use the 0929 snapshot as you've tested it. I
> still need to know if we need the iconv patch from DIY though.

No, no patch, but the copy was still required.  Glad you asked about
that.  See below....

> 2. You say in another post to ditch the sed for vi_VN.TCVN.
> I'll do that along with adding back the stuff to only do
> the partial list of locales. Sound okay?

I still haven't tested the minimum locales.  I was building all when
testing late last night.
> 3. In your comment below, you indicate that we can ditch the
> math error using this patch:

Just looked at my build log, and no patches.  Glad you asked about the
other.

[dj at name25 logs]# head -n 2 glibc-2.8-20080929-build.log
mkdir: created directory `../glibc-build'

No patches.  Bad testing.  I built glibc 3 times last night, but I guess
I did not test that one with a full rebuild.  Now I'm not sure why I
built it 3 times.  I know that I did do a full rebuild with the copy
command and did not apply any patch to that point.  Please hold the
commit for an hour.  I just cleared out /media/lfs workspace now and
jumping back to the start of chapter 6.  Installing headers now.  Should
take little over an hour to get back to glibc and test all changes in a
pristine environment.

-- DJ Lucas