Glibc locale instructions

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 4 20:00:32 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Noted in the DJ build that he's commented out (removed?) the
> instructions to build just a partial set of the locales to
> satisfy the tests of Glibc and other packages later on.
>
> I'm going to commit what DJ has (the partial locale list
> omitted). If it is determined that we want what was originally
> there (partial list or locales to satisfy test suites), then
> we'll simply uncomment the original text.
>
> Sound Okay?

Actually, the individual locales are not needed any longer.
Investigating some odd test failures, I found this by accident, but it
was right there in Greg's reference build:

Seems the following list of locales will be used if available:

de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE at euro ISO-8859-15
en_HK ISO-8859-1
en_PH ISO-8859-1