New patch: Remove Mktemp permantly

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 5 10:39:01 PDT 2008

William Immendorf wrote:
> I have a new patch that removes the Mktemp package permentaly and mentions Mktemp in Coreutils. This fixes #2194.

Thanks, William. I'll update this when I get to the Coreutils
update. I may not pull out all the mktemp stuff completely from
the book, as it is all commented out already and I think we
prefer to keep stuff in there and just comment it out.

Of course, as time goes on and it is determined that there will
never be a need for the mktemp package any longer, we may remove
it. But stuff like that is discussed on list before things are
completely removed.

Perhaps this will start that discussion.

--
Randy