Perl Releases

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 5 11:45:17 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> I'd like you to reconsider Bruce, and follow what the Perl devs
> say to use, which is 5.10.0.

Yes, I just sent a message on the same topic.  Maintenance means only
bug/security fix - no new features that _will_ be required for newer
'stable' packages.  I think the latests_testing link is only there to
suffice until 5.11 development line begins.  The development for Perl
happens in traditional odd minor versions.

-- DJ Lucas