Coreutils-i18n patch

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 5 13:26:33 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Noted in DJ's book (I'll continue to refer to it as that
even though his book is what will be SVN, he's the one
that got all this stuff going) that we've dropped the
i18n patch for Coreutils. IIRC, upstream won't touch it,
and I think I remember there may have been a discussion
about it here, but I want to revisit it to ensure that
we're all good dropping it and/or keeping it.

Alexander may have some good info here, as others may
also, but I want to ensure the community is agreed as to
the direction we take.

I'm not an i18n person, so I really cannot contribute
anything worthwhile other than bringing it up here.

I'm going to update Coreutils to 6.12 without the patch
and we can always add it if we determine it should be
there. I simply don't know if it should or should not be.

--
Randy