Confused about some E2fsprogs notes

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 5 16:21:22 PDT 2008

Hi all,

This message is directed to experienced LFS Editors, but
FYI for everyone else.

There's a note in the 'packages.ent' file that says:

" When updating e2fsprogs, remember to check the list
   of acceptable features that can be shown by debugfs in
   chapter02/creatingfilesystem.xml"

That list contains this:

has_journal, ext_attr, resize_inode, dir_index, filetype,
sparse_super, large_file, needs_recovery

But when I run the program suggested to determine these
features:

rml at rmlscsi: ~/build > sudo /sbin/debugfs -R feature /dev/sda3
debugfs 1.41.1 (01-Sep-2008)
Filesystem features: has_journal filetype needs_recovery sparse_super large_file

it shows only a subset of the features the book says.

I don't really know how to determine what to do at this point.
I show many less features than the book does. What should I do
to ensure the feature list is correct?

--
Randy