Coreutils-i18n patch

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 5 21:35:44 PDT 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Noted in DJ's book (I'll continue to refer to it as that
>> even though his book is what will be SVN, he's the one
>> that got all this stuff going) that we've dropped the
>> i18n patch for Coreutils. IIRC, upstream won't touch it,
>> and I think I remember there may have been a discussion
>> about it here, but I want to revisit it to ensure that
>> we're all good dropping it and/or keeping it.
>>
>> Alexander may have some good info here, as others may
>> also, but I want to ensure the community is agreed as to
>> the direction we take.
>>

> Please look at
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2006-January/055425.html -
> basically, if you are going to remove the patch, rerun the tests and, if
> they fail, forget about LSB certification.

Excellent!  Thank you Alexander!  That will be a great help.  You said
that some of these come from the LSB docs at that time.  I'll check
tomorrow and see if I can find any more there.  Do you have any more
test cases stashed away in your bookmarks that can be of use?  I am
especially interested in the coreutils tests that had previously
failed.  Looks like they were still broken in 6.9.

-- DJ Lucas