GMP and MPFR

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 6 08:58:28 PDT 2008

Philipp Christian Loewner wrote:

>  From what I understand about it, building GMP and MPFR as separate
> packages is the preferred method, but the bootstrap build will fail
> to locate these programs in the /tools directory in the first stage.

Yes, that brings back things I remember. Thanks, Philipp.

Indeed that was a problem. GCC failed to find GMP and MPFR in
/tools during the bootstrap.

Now why they are built separately for Pass 2 in Chapter 5, I
can't answer.

See my previous post why I think they should be stand-alone
in Chapter 6.

HTH, Jeremy.

And thanks again for the heads-up, Philipp.

--
Randy