GMP and MPFR

Steve Crosby steve.crosby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:38:38 PDT 2008

FYI: The GMP and MPFR packages can be built in Chapter 5 as seperate
packages (no need to inline with GCC), but must be built statically
(due to linker issues with finding shared libraries outside normal
paths) and require configure switches are needed to help MPFR (and
possibly gcc) locate the static libs (--with-gmp=/tools from memory)

The Chapter 6 chroot shared build works due to the shared libs being
in a standard location (/usr/lib, etc), and the linker able to find
them using normal paths.

So Chapter 5 can be inline with GCC (which builds static by default)
or seperate but static, and Chapter 6 can be shared or static as you
prefer.

--
-- -
Steve Crosby