Util-linux-ng nitpicks

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:34:38 PDT 2008

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:00:34 -0500
Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> 3. Do #1 and suppress the installation of the wall program in the
> Sysvinit instructions.
>
> I like #3 but I've not investigated what it takes to suppress the
> installation of the wall program from either package.

I like #3 too.  Although as I don't build sysvinit, all I want is
'wall'.

> 2. Pass a configure switch to the Util-Linux-ng configure command so
> that the write program is built and installed.
>
> I like #2.

ditto.

> Issue 3:
>
> The CLFS build passes a configure switch so that the "partx" and
> related programs are built and installed.
>
> I think it is a good idea. I'd like other views as well.

It's not something I'd use, I don't think, but it does no harm to
install it.

> I'm updating the Util-Linux-ng package now to 2.14.1. I'd like to
> resolve the issues above so that whatever is decided can go into the
> book as soon as possible.

I'm running 2.14.  It built fine with gcc-4.3.1.

I'm holding off the rebuild until you guys have finished the updates,
which seems imminent if you've got to 'u'.  Then I'll test build 'by
the book'.

R.