Final Updates

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 8 18:24:19 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>

>> Randy, when you updated GCC, did you consider tickets 2114 and 2056?
>>

> See the remarks I made to that ticket. I didn't build with
> the switch, so I can't comment. I really don't want to be
> responsible for that one.
>
> As far as 2114 goes, I didn't see (the issues) what the ticket
> says. Though in my 'Blanket' ticket, I mention something about
> the search dirs aren't what is specified in the book. We could
> probably close 2114 and just say it is a duplicate of information
> in #2205.
>
> DJ said he was going to look into this.

2214 is not the same as the issue in 2205.  The search dirs mentioned in
2205 are correct per recent changes in GCC.  I went ahead and assigned
myself to all tickets that I though I could handle, including the ones
opened by Alexander.  I will test gcc and glibc changes tonight however,
I will be unavailable Thursday and Friday.  I plan on some of the
commits Saturday.

Some of the internationalization changes will take some time and require
a full X installation up and running, especially regarding the coreutils
patch.  Alexander provided a very nice set of tests back in 2005 to
check that patch and confirm that coreutils, and many other related
issues, are fixed correctly in the book.

-- DJ Lucas