Shadow update

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:21:37 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I made many, many changes to the Shadow package during the
> update to the most recent version. I like the changes, but
> I encourage everyone that can to render the book and look
> at it. If you can't render it, it will be available tomorrow
> in the SVN book.
>
> If there are problems or questions, let's discuss here first,
> and if we have to, we'll open a new Trac ticket. The old
> ticket for the Shadow update was filled with many, many
> entries and there was no consensus reached on what to do with
> the useradd issue.
>
> I did what I thought was best. Please review.

I looked at the page and it reads well.  I haven't installed it yet.

In reviewing ticket 2144, I have a couple of questions.

The ticket says that the man pages are regenerated depending on configuration.
Shouldn't the man page conversions be done after configure and make?

Should there be a mention of the possible use of SHA password encryption?

   -- Bruce