Udev test suite

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 10 06:41:07 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Starting in version 126 of Udev, the test directory including
the udev-test.pl test file no longer ships in the tarball.
Though DJ's instructions for version 126 does indeed change
the 'make test' to 'make check', 'make check' does nothing.

I've been looking over the udev mailing list and cannot see
a thing about the test directory being removed. They still
actively update and patch the udev-test.pl file in the git
repo as noted in the ChangeLog they speak of it on the mailing
list.

Does anyone know if this 'test' directory and the included
udev-test.pl test file is for internal udev developer use
only now?

For the time being, I'm updating the book to version 130 and
will simply say that this package does not have a test suite.

Not sure how DJ worked out that 'make check' did something.

--
Randy