chapter 5 glibc testsuite

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 11 16:52:09 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
>>     <para>This package does come with a test suite, however, it cannot be
>>     run at this time because we do not have a C++ compiler yet.<para>
>>
> Actually, I've never seen any discussion on this, but I believe that it
> was suggested to be more "personal" in one of the bugs opened by Gerard
> IIRC.  "we" is good in that case, but again, I've never seen any
> discussion on it.

Well, you know how I feel about using "we" in a technical
manual. :-)

But this is LFS and not BLFS and "we" has been part of the
deal since the beginning. I remember Ken M. saying he liked
it as it shows a bit of "personalizing".

However, as much as it pains me to say it, I don't hold
Gerard's technical input in this project to a very high
degree any longer anyway. I don't mean that badly. I'm
only saying he hasn't contributed anything technically
significant for many, many years.

However, I do still look at him as the project founder.
And for that alone, I hold him in high regard.

--
Randy