r8641 - in trunk/BOOK: chapter01 chapter05

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 11 17:33:21 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>
>> Author: dj
>> Date: 2008-10-11 17:39:51 -0600 (Sat, 11 Oct 2008)
>> New Revision: 8641
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/BOOK/chapter01/changelog.xml
>>    trunk/BOOK/chapter05/glibc.xml
>> Log:
>> removed chapter 5 glibc test suite
>>

> Seems we could also drop the stuff at the very end of the
> page about the locales (only needed for the test suite).

I'm not sure.  The information is still relevant, because you _could_
run the test suites in this chapter....just not the glibc tests because
we only provide a C compiler.  I'll be modifying the individual locales
in chapter 6 glibc in a few days, after I put back the coreutils-i18n
patch.  I need to figure out why the cut test is failing first, and
check for regressions against Alexander's tests.  To do that properly,
I'll have to build up to X at least.  BTW, has anyone done up the wget
lists yet for the new Xorg?

-- DJ Lucas